VANCOUVER, B.C. – On Sunday, April 29th, 12 different sites, including the parliament buildings in Victoria, Vancouver City Hall and the iconic sails at Canada Place in Vancouver, will be turning their exterior lights blue in honour of the Make-A-Wish® Foundations’ World Wish Day.
“It’s our largest participation ever, said Ross Hetherington, CEO, Make-A-Wish BC & Yukon. “We have a mix of privately held and public venues that are participating with us, all in recognition of the granting of wishes to children living with critical illnesses. It’s awesome to see so much community support.”
World Wish Day celebrates the global movement to transform lives of critically ill kids through the granting of their heartfelt wishes. Since the first granted wish in 1980 in the USA, Make-A-Wish’s global network of chapters has granted approximately 450,000 wishes worldwide.
“We just want to say thank you to the participating venues, and thanks to everyone, from volunteers to donors, who have helped us grant so many wishes right here in our chapter, said Hetherington. “You really have helped to change lives.”
Make-A-Wish BC & Yukon would like to acknowledge the following participating buildings, and encourage the public to take and share some #WorldWishDay selfies from these locations:
- Parliament Buildings ceremonial entrance and front fountain | 501 Belleville Street, Victoria, BC
- BC Place Stadium | 777 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, BC
- Rogers Arena | 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver, BC
- The Dome at Telus World of Science | 1455 Quebec Street, Vancouver, BC
- Vancouver Convention Centre, Jack Poole Plaza + District Markers | 1075 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC
- The Sails at Canada Place | 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC
- The Kalen Capital Building | 662 W. Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
- The Leckie Building | 220 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC
- Vancouver City Hall | 453 W. 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
- Telus Gardens | 777 Richards Street, Vancouver
- Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre | 555 W. Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
- North Vancouver City Hall + trees in the civic plaza | 141 W. 14th Street, North Vancouver, BC
To donate to Make-A-Wish BC & Yukon, visit makeawishbc.ca/donate.
Find us on social: @makeawishbcyk